Year 5 pupils from Hampton Primary School made their annual visit to the RNLI boathouse in Whitstable in February to support their topic learning about the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. While there, they learnt about the aims of the RNLI, the jobs of the volunteers and about the boats, tractors and equipment – as well as various aspects of beach and sea safety and generally “respecting the water”. Some of the teachers even got to put on the drysuit kit that boat crew members wear on rescues! They all had a great time and learned lots of new things. The children also presented a cheque for £570 to the RNLI – the proceeds from a charity cake sale held at their school.
- Whitstable Lifeboat Launched to Dinghy
- Whitstable Lifeboat assists Motor Cruiser
- Whitstable Lifeboat Assists Yacht.
- Shanty Folk – Summer Concert
- Whitstable Lifeboat launched in Search at Seasalter.
- We Are Looking For A Volunteer!
- Whitstable Lifeboat Assists Angling Boat
- Teachers’ Open Morning at Whitstable Lifeboat Station
- Whitstable Lifeboat Launched to Assist Yacht
- First Call of the Year for Whitstable Lifeboat